I'm just on the point of finishing a bit more bunting, which is for a small relative who will hopefully enjoy decorating a den or two with it one day. Here it is:
It's made from some left over fat quarters I bought for another project, and it's reversible, as you can see. I'm going to turn the ends of the binding over to form hanging loops, and it'll be done.
Out in the garden, things are mixed. This doesn't seem to be a good year for my tomatoes (they're straggly, mildewy and less productive than they should be), and while the broad beans got off to a good start, they're also showing signs of disease now. However, the chilli peppers are going crazy. I found a bit of snail damage on a few of them the other day - I bet the gastropod that decided to sample them is regretting it...
One fruit that I'm growing for the first time this year is the Incaberry, or Peruvian ground cherry: it looks like physalis, and I'm told it tastes like pineapple. I acquired a couple of plants from my dad, and I've since read that they are extremely easy to grow, and productive to the point of getting out of control, if left to their own devices. They'll be ready to pick in September, but this is what they look like now:
More about these at harvest time. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment